Monday, October 3, 2011

A Chihuahua?! - A Service Dog Joke

At Bristol's Rhythm and Roots Reunion on Sept. 17-19, there was a lot of complaint about the new no-dog policy. "They let dogs in last year!" was the common refrain.




In our family, we often joke about affixing a service-dog vest to our ill-behaved Chihuahua. When my dad suggested it, my mom let loose with this joke:

Two dudes are out walking their dogs one afternoon. One has a Labrador Retriever, the other a Chihuahua. They decide that they'd like some drinks and want to stop at a bar.

"Well, Jim, we can't stop for drinks because we have our dogs," says Frank.

"Follow my lead," Jim says. Jim puts on his Oakley sunglasses and walks into a restaurant with his Lab.

"Sorry, sir, but that dog can't be in here!" the bartender says.

"But I'm blind! This is my service dog and you have to let him in."




"Oh, I see. No problem, then," replies the bartender.

The second dude, Frank, puts on his sunglasses and walks in with his Chihuahua.

"Sir," says the bartender, "Dogs are not allowed in here!"

"But sir," says Frank, "This is my service dog and I am blind!"




The bartender looks Frank up and down, doubtful. "A Chihuahua?" he says.

In disbelief, Frank says, "They gave me a Chihuahua?!"


1 comment:

  1. You've won one the prizes at The Queen of Creativity. I need your address to send them to you. Would you email your address to me. Address is listed below.

    Thanks,

    Kate
    katespin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete