Saturday, October 22, 2011

What's Behind Dress #1?

One of my best friends is getting married in T-minus two weeks, and I'm in the wedding. And I don't have my dress plans finalized yet. Here is what happened:




In a preliminary email, she said: "I have decided that we are going to be wearing NAVY/DARK BLUE!!" We got to pick our own dresses. Awesome, right? Well, I went with royal blue. Everyone else bought navy. CoOoOol.




I got a call from my friend where she said, in essence, "I'm so sorry, but everyone bought navy. Do you think there's any way they'd let you exchange yours for navy?" Nope, not a chance. They give you 10 days to make changes, and I bought it about a month ago. So she offered, "Could we buy you a new one?"




Turns out, it's not necessary. Because my mother, my amazingly thrifty female parental unit, just bought a navy silk dress from the secondhand store for $1. It needs a little work - we'll need to take it in at the bust, take out the shoulder pads (which my mom charmingly refers to as hotpads - that's right, 'cause they make you look hott), and raise the hem a little tiny bit. But, as you can see, it's a dress with potential! Two dresses for the price of one - that right there's a good deal, if I say so myself!


2 comments:

  1. Was that other blue one the one you initially bought? SOO cute. Your crafty thrift store conversion reminds me of pretty in pink. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the brighter blue one was try #1. It will still come in handy somewheres or others, I hope... Thanks! Thrift stores are amazing treasures of civilization, if you can find the treasures and not the junky stuff.

    ReplyDelete